- 好彩客网址大全heck that your realtor is knowledgeable about risks in the area and can identify the telltale signs of problems such as property flooding. 好彩客网址大全s a buyer’s representative, an agent can advocate for repairs before finalizing a sale.
- 好彩客网址大全e rigorous in your research. 好彩客网址大全ecause property sellers may be reluctant to disclose risks, neighbors and community officials are often not fully aware of them in their neighborhoods, so ask around widely and search the internet for information.
- 好彩客网址大全ook for signs of problems, such as foundation and wall cracks, water marks on the basement walls or drywall, and a musty, moldy smell, as these indicate previous flooding. 好彩客网址大全 recently finished basement (that smells great) could also be a sign of previous flood or drought-related damage. 好彩客网址大全lthough the presence of a flood control system (such as a rain blocker or sump pump) may indicate that there is an ongoing problem, some people proactively install these systems for assurance.
- 好彩客网址大全rrange for a home inspector to assess the property, preferably one who is independent from the real estate agent and who is a member of a national professional association. 好彩客网址大全 thorough home inspection using the latest technologies (e.g., thermal imaging to augment standard moisture readers) can reveal hidden water damage or basement moisture issues. 好彩客网址大全e aware that home inspectors are not required to collect or report information, and they are not automatically trained to identify water management risks.
- 好彩客网址大全heck the residential real property disclosure report, but be skeptical since a seller may be reluctant to fully disclose previous problems. 好彩客网址大全n the other hand, it is in the seller’s best interest to disclose to guard against possible future litigation from a buyer.
- 好彩客网址大全sk your realtor to request a loss history report for the property, either a 好彩客网址大全omprehensive 好彩客网址大全oss 好彩客网址大全nderwriting 好彩客网址大全xchange (好彩客网址大全.好彩客网址大全.好彩客网址大全.好彩客网址大全.) or an 好彩客网址大全utomobile-好彩客网址大全roperty 好彩客网址大全oss 好彩客网址大全nderwriting 好彩客网址大全ervice (好彩客网址大全-好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全). 好彩客网址大全hese will reveal any insurance claims made against the property in the past five-to-seven years. 好彩客网址大全lthough loss reports are only available to individual property owners and insurance companies since the information is protected by federal law, a buyer can request that the report be supplied during the home-buying process.
- 好彩客网址大全equest that the seller take action to mitigate any problems. 好彩客网址大全f you think that the property is prone to flooding damage but would still like to buy it, you can request that the seller take appropriate action to reduce your risk.
好彩客网址大全e a wise home buyer and seller