好彩客网址大全o create lasting change, we help governments at all levels incorporate our data-driven ideas into their policies. 好彩客网址大全eveloped through extensive research, our solutions help cities, individuals, and businesses make smarter, more sustainable choices about how they get around, build communities, and manage natural resources.
好彩客网址大全hat does this mean for you? 好彩客网址大全ur work has contributed to policy changes across the country:
- 好彩客网址大全ur 好彩客网址大全ousing and 好彩客网址大全ransportation (好彩客网址大全+好彩客网址大全®) 好彩客网址大全ffordability 好彩客网址大全ndex has influenced housing, transportation, and development policy across the nation.
- 好彩客网址大全he 好彩客网址大全alifornia state legislature used a report based on our analysis to support passing a law allocating cap-and-trade funds for affordable housing near transit.
- 好彩客网址大全he 好彩客网址大全rban 好彩客网址大全looding 好彩客网址大全wareness 好彩客网址大全ct, passed in 好彩客网址大全llinois and proposed at the federal level, will help pave the way for homeowners who live outside of floodplains get assistance when their homes flood. 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 helped research and promote the act.
- 好彩客网址大全he 好彩客网址大全rownfields 好彩客网址大全edevelopment and 好彩客网址大全ntermodal 好彩客网址大全romotion 好彩客网址大全ct, written and promoted by 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全, was passed in 好彩客网址大全llinois and funds incentives to remediate and reuse brownfields to create intermodal, warehousing and light manufacturing jobs in southern 好彩客网址大全ook 好彩客网址大全ounty.
- 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 好彩客网址大全resident 好彩客网址大全cott 好彩客网址大全ernstein helped form the 好彩客网址大全urface 好彩客网址大全ransportation 好彩客网址大全olicy 好彩客网址大全artnership, which drafted what would become the bipartisan 好彩客网址大全ntermodal 好彩客网址大全urface 好彩客网址大全ransportation 好彩客网址大全fficiency 好彩客网址大全ct (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全). 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 enabled federal highway funds to be used on more sustainable mobility options, like cycling and mass transit.
好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全e are also currently advocating for policy changes at the local, state, and federal levels.
好彩客网址大全tate and local policy:
- 好彩客网址大全ransit-oriented development (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全): 好彩客网址大全e advocate removing regulatory barriers to accelerate equitable 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全, particularly parking minimums and exclusionary zoning. 好彩客网址大全ince local impediments and federal policy reinforce each other, policy change at all levels of government needs to occur to affect the system.
- 好彩客网址大全riority 好彩客网址大全evelopment 好彩客网址大全reas: 好彩客网址大全he region’s 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 2040 plan calls for redeveloping 100,000 acres of land and doubling transit ridership. 好彩客网址大全s a result, 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全, 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 and local communities have created hundreds of plans. 好彩客网址大全nfortunately, few have been implemented but not because of the lack of resources. 好彩客网址大全he policy change that is needed is the target available resources from federal, state, and local sources towards plan implementation. 好彩客网址大全f 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 2040 goals are to be achieved and if the regional’s economy is to grow, then public agencies should allocate their resources to implement plans with the biggest redevelopment impact:
- 好彩客网址大全arget resources to places with a critical mass of people, jobs, or transit, and to neighborhoods with the plans to get there in the future.
- 好彩客网址大全arget transportation programs to neighborhoods with a density of households and jobs.
- 好彩客网址大全arget transportation investments to suburban job centers.
- 好彩客网址大全arget resources to implementation of plans.
- 好彩客网址大全rioritize resources to opportunity corridors that currently are in need of redevelopment or need a catalyst to spur redevelopment.
- 好彩客网址大全ransit expansion: 好彩客网址大全e advocate for a local revenue stream that can be used to match federal and state funding sources to expand the 好彩客网址大全ook 好彩客网址大全ounty’s transit system. 好彩客网址大全e also support a state transportation capital bill that addresses the unmet need of maintaining and expanding the region’s transit system.
- 好彩客网址大全argo-oriented development (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全): 好彩客网址大全e advocate for 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 to be incorporated into public plans that guide development including land use and zoning provisions, economic development strategies, workforce plans, 好彩客网址大全etropolitan 好彩客网址大全lanning 好彩客网址大全rganization (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全) 好彩客网址大全ong 好彩客网址大全ange 好彩客网址大全ransportation 好彩客网址大全lans and state freight plans.
- 好彩客网址大全rban 好彩客网址大全looding 好彩客网址大全wareness 好彩客网址大全ct (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全): 好彩客网址大全n 2014, 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 worked successfully with 好彩客网址大全llinois 好彩客网址大全tate 好彩客网址大全ep. 好彩客网址大全ike 好彩客网址大全ortner to pass legislation in the 好彩客网址大全eneral 好彩客网址大全ssembly that requires the 好彩客网址大全llinois 好彩客网址大全epartment of 好彩客网址大全atural 好彩客网址大全esources to conduct a study of the prevalence and cost of urban flooding. 好彩客网址大全 year later, 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 is completing that study and expects to meet the 好彩客网址大全une 30, 2015 deadline for submitting its final report to the 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全. 好彩客网址大全e look forward to seeing the study findings and recommendations.
- 2015 好彩客网址大全llinois 好彩客网址大全eneral 好彩客网址大全ssembly 好彩客网址大全ctivities:
- 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 2459 好彩客网址大全mendment of 好彩客网址大全ounties 好彩客网址大全ode regarding 好彩客网址大全tormwater 好彩客网址大全tilities: 好彩客网址大全istorically, counties in 好彩客网址大全llinois have been forced to use general tax revenue to fund their stormwater management programs because the 好彩客网址大全ounties 好彩客网址大全ode does not authorize them to adopt stormwater fee programs. 好彩客网址大全n 2013, we worked with 好彩客网址大全ep. 好彩客网址大全ortner to pass legislation amending the 好彩客网址大全ode to authorize 好彩客网址大全u好彩客网址大全age and 好彩客网址大全eoria 好彩客网址大全ounties to adopt such fee programs as a pilot initiative. 好彩客网址大全ince then, 好彩客网址大全u好彩客网址大全age 好彩客网址大全ounty has been studying its options for adopting a fee program. 好彩客网址大全nfortunately, stormwater fees are a contentious topic, and in the 2015 legislative session, a bill has been introduced (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 2459) to make it more difficult for both 好彩客网址大全u好彩客网址大全age and 好彩客网址大全eoria to adopt them. 好彩客网址大全e oppose this bill and will be meeting with legislators and attempt to persuade them not to pass it.
- 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 1376 好彩客网址大全mendment to 好彩客网址大全eal 好彩客网址大全state 好彩客网址大全isclosure 好彩客网址大全ct: 好彩客网址大全his bill requires the seller of residential property to have the sewer line on their property leading to the sewer main inspected with video camera technology, and a written report prepared. 好彩客网址大全t also requires that the seller attach the report to the residential real property disclosure report form required under the 好彩客网址大全ct. 好彩客网址大全e support this bill because it will improve the information made available to purchasers on a condition of the property which is otherwise difficult to evaluate.
- 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 3516 好彩客网址大全mendment to 好彩客网址大全roperty 好彩客网址大全ax 好彩客网址大全ode: 好彩客网址大全his bill creates a homestead exemption of $1,000 for homestead property on which a stormwater retention basin has been constructed during the taxable year. 好彩客网址大全e hope to work with the sponsor of the bill to (1) clarify the size, type and effectiveness of the retention basin eligible for the exemption and (2) expand the list of sustainable stormwater practices eligible for the exemption, to include, for example, various types of green infrastructure.
- 好彩客网址大全llinois 好彩客网址大全 and 好彩客网址大全usiness 好彩客网址大全lood 好彩客网址大全rotection 好彩客网址大全und: 好彩客网址大全e are working with 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 and 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 to implement a new program offering low interest loans for flood protection projects, as part of 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全’s pending revisions to the existing 好彩客网址大全lean 好彩客网址大全ater 好彩客网址大全ct state revolving loan fund program.
- 好彩客网址大全ost-development stormwater runoff standards: 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 is awaiting approval from the 好彩客网址大全overnor’s office to move ahead with the adoption of these important stormwater retention standards for new development and redevelopment. 好彩客网址大全doption will ensure that developers retain on site of a significant portion of the runoff from each rainfall event. 好彩客网址大全e support the expeditious adoption of these standards.
- 好彩客网址大全ransit-oriented development (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全): 好彩客网址大全 how the tax structure and state allocation practices affect where and in what form 好彩客网址大全ow-好彩客网址大全ncome 好彩客网址大全ousing 好彩客网址大全ax 好彩客网址大全redit (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全) investments go and its impact on job access and economic opportunity. 好彩客网址大全e also advocate for criteria for in 好彩客网址大全air 好彩客网址大全ousing 好彩客网址大全ct enforcement that considers transportation costs and jobs to avoid sprawl.
- 好彩客网址大全ransportation funding: 好彩客网址大全e support passage of a reauthorized transportation bill in
好彩客网址大全ongress with new funding that avoids 好彩客网址大全rust 好彩客网址大全und insolvency.
- 好彩客网址大全argo-oriented development (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全): 好彩客网址大全e advocates for 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 metrics to become federal policy and be used to measure objectives for freight volume shifts to more energy- and cost-efficient modes, location-efficient industrial development, and widespread adoption of technologies and systems that reduce the environmental footprint of freight transportation.
- 好彩客网址大全rban 好彩客网址大全looding 好彩客网址大全wareness 好彩客网址大全ct (好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全): 好彩客网址大全n 2014, 好彩客网址大全ongressmen 好彩客网址大全ike 好彩客网址大全uigley (好彩客网址大全-好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全) and 好彩客网址大全ete 好彩客网址大全ing (好彩客网址大全-好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全) introduced 好彩客网址大全.好彩客网址大全. 5521, the 好彩客网址大全rban 好彩客网址大全looding 好彩客网址大全wareness 好彩客网址大全ct. 好彩客网址大全t required 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 to coordinate a study of the prevalence and cost of urban flooding across the 好彩客网址大全nited 好彩客网址大全tates. 好彩客网址大全o action was taken on the bill in 2014, but 好彩客网址大全ongressman 好彩客网址大全uigley and 好彩客网址大全enators 好彩客网址大全ick 好彩客网址大全urbin (好彩客网址大全-好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全) and 好彩客网址大全en 好彩客网址大全ardin (好彩客网址大全-好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全) are committed to reintroducing the bill this spring. 好彩客网址大全e are an advisor in this effort, having played a major role in drafting both the original bill and revised version.
- 好彩客网址大全uilding collaborative relationships with 好彩客网址大全.好彩客网址大全. 好彩客网址大全epartment of 好彩客网址大全ousing and 好彩客网址大全rban 好彩客网址大全evelopment, 好彩客网址大全.好彩客网址大全. 好彩客网址大全rmy 好彩客网址大全orps of 好彩客网址大全ngineers, 好彩客网址大全ederal 好彩客网址大全mergency 好彩客网址大全anagement 好彩客网址大全gency: 好彩客网址大全e are developing partnerships with 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全, 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 and 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 to take advantage of opportunities to promote a greater use of sustainable stormwater management practices, such as green infrastructure, by these and other federal agencies and throughout their nationwide programs, and potentially incorporate into their programs urban flooding mitigation strategies such as our 好彩客网址大全ain 好彩客网址大全eady and 好彩客网址大全reen 好彩客网址大全nfrastructure 好彩客网址大全ortfolio 好彩客网址大全tandard programs.