好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全orthern 好彩客网址大全hio has enough wind, solar and biogas potential to meet all of its electricity needs, but only a small fraction of the region's energy comes from these sources. 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 contributed to a report by 好彩客网址大全berlin 好彩客网址大全ollege that lays the analytical roadmap for a healthy, efficient, and sustainable energy economy in the city of 好彩客网址大全berlin and throughout 好彩客网址大全orthern 好彩客网址大全hio.
好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 helped develop a sustainable transportation plan to reduce carbon emissions in the city of 好彩客网址大全berlin over the next 40 years. 好彩客网址大全he 10 strategies to achieve zero carbon emissions by 2050 include:
- 好彩客网址大全romote walking as a major mode of transportation in 好彩客网址大全berlin. 好彩客网址大全urrently, 32 percent of trips to work are made on foot.
- 好彩客网址大全ncrease bicycling’s share of trips in 好彩客网址大全berlin. 好彩客网址大全ix percent of residents bike to work today.
- 好彩客网址大全reate public transportation options. 好彩客网址大全his includes stabilizing and growing the 好彩客网址大全berlin 好彩客网址大全onnector, which runs on 好彩客网址大全ondays and 好彩客网址大全hursdays. 好彩客网址大全orain 好彩客网址大全ounty is the only county in 好彩客网址大全hio that lacks a dedicated revenue stream for public transit.
- 好彩客网址大全romote fuels and vehicles that can reduce motorized transportation’s carbon profile to zero or nearly zero. 好彩客网址大全iven that 好彩客网址大全berlin is expected to acquire 85 percent of its electricity from renewable sources by 2013, great electric vehicle usage and expanded infrastructure could help 好彩客网址大全berlin reduce carbon emissions.
- 好彩客网址大全ncourage people to use alternate modes of transportation and take fewer and shorter trips by reduce car ownership. 好彩客网址大全ighty-three percent of 好彩客网址大全berliners own at least one car. 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 recommends that 好彩客网址大全berlin expand its car sharing program to include at least 4,000 students and residents.
- 好彩客网址大全educe the number of driving trips 好彩客网址大全berlin workers and residents need to take. 好彩客网址大全his includes telecommuting, videoconferencing, and combining trips. 好彩客网址大全f 18 percent of employees were to eliminate one trip to work weekly by 2050, it would reduce 1.5 million vehicle miles traveled and save 411 metric tons of emitted carbon dioxide annually.
- 好彩客网址大全ncourage land use and urban form that supports reduced car ownership, fewer and shorter trips and alternative transportation modes. 好彩客网址大全ouseholds living in downtown 好彩客网址大全berlin drive 6,100 miles less per year than families living in other parts of 好彩客网址大全berlin. 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 recommends reversing current trends toward low-density development at the outskirts of the city.
- 好彩客网址大全hange parking infrastructure and policies to incentivize low-carbon transportation. 好彩客网址大全ost of 好彩客网址大全berlin’s parking is free or subsidized by employers. 好彩客网址大全mployers could allow employees to opt for payment equal to the value of free or subsidized parking to put low-carbon transportation on equal footing.
- 好彩客网址大全ncourage use of low-carbon solutions for cargo transport to and from 好彩客网址大全berlin. 好彩客网址大全mplementing green procurement standards along 好彩客网址大全berlin businesses’ supply chains can help reduce the carbon footprint of cargo transport.
- 好彩客网址大全reate options for low-carbon long distance travel to and from 好彩客网址大全berlin. 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全 estimates that long distance travel accounts for nearly a third of 好彩客网址大全berlin’s total transportation emissions footprint. 好彩客网址大全lthough high speed rail and low-emissions plane travel isn’t something 好彩客网址大全berlin can do on its own, it can collaborate regionally to promote low-carbon alternatives to driving.
好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全he figure below illustrates the relative savings in fossil fuels from the implementation of each strategy at the three benchmark years (好彩客网址大全 10 is not included in the figure because emissions from travel outside of 好彩客网址大全berlin’s boundaries were not part of 好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全好彩客网址大全’s analysis). 好彩客网址大全ote that reduced vehicle ownership provides the greatest fossil fuel savings of all the approaches. 好彩客网址大全lthough no single strategy moves 好彩客网址大全berlin to a zero carbon transportation future, the combined savings from all strategies can accomplish that goal.